13 May 2010

Amberg Olympic Triathlon 2:26:57 [Results] [Certificate]

Swim - 24:30
T1 - 3:19
Bike - 1:16:20
T2 - 1:54
Run - 40:52

Total: 93th out of 191
M40: 6th out of 19

The swim was in a 50m pool with 8 athletes in each lane. Things were a bit hectic during the first 200m as we all swam same speed. I decided to drop to the back to avoid the clashes at every turn. We all came out of the water within a few seconds which was followed by a very long run (over 300m ) into T1. My heart rate was at 178 at this stage which is plain stupid.

By this time the heavens had opened and at 13 degrees the cycle wasn't to be pleasent. The bike part comprised of 2 laps with a total of 340m altitude. It took me a bit of time to get my pulse down again and never really felt comfortable due to the cold and wet. By the time I got into T2, my feet were like ice blocks.

The run was very good and very fast. It was 550m short according to the organisiers. All in all a good event, but the poor weather resulted in very few spectators and virtually zero atmosphere. Perfect preparation race with a promising time.

No comments: